Impound and Safe-keep Releases

What do I need to redeem my vehicle [or personal property therein] from impound or safe-keep?

We are required to release all vehicles to the registered owner. To prove you are the registered owner, you will need to present ownership documents and pay the towing fees

Valid Proof of Ownership [one (1) of the following]:

  • Current Title
  • Passenger Registration
  • Bill of Sale
  • DMV Printout [obtained at DMV for a fee]
  • Stamped Notice of Transaction from DMV
  • IF Vehicle was impounded by a Police Department, the Impound Release paperwork will satisfy this requirement


Valid Government Issued Picture ID [name must match Proof of Ownership][one (1) of the following]:

  • Current Driver's License
  • State Issued ID Card
  • US Passport or Passport Card
  • US Military ID
  • Permanent Resident Card
  • Border Crossing Card

Frequently Asked Questions

Where are you located? We have two secure impound lot locations, 29407 W Enid Rd in Eugene and 3478 Olympic St in Springfield.

Which payment methods are accepted? Cash only. Unfortunately we have had many credit and debit card charges cancelled. When this occurs, it takes us many hours to dispute the cancellation. Checks are not accepted either as there is no payment guarantee. 

How much is it going to cost to pick up my vehicle?  Please call us when you are ready to pick up your vehicle and we will give you the current charges.  Storage charges accrue each calendar day.

How are charges determined? 

  • Rates for towing, services, and storage are set by police contracts
  • Storage Fees are calculated by Calendar Day in accordance with State of Oregon Statutes.
  • We are required by Oregon law to request vehicle records and obtain appraisals on vehicles that stay in our possession and there is a fee for this
  • Gate fees are assessed if you choose to retrieve your vehicle after normal business hours which are 8:00 am to 6:00 pm in Eugene - 8:00 am to 5:00 pm in Springfield

Can I surrender the title?  Unfortunately, we are unable to accept titles.  In accordance with the State of Oregon Statutes, because we do not hold a dealer’s license, all vehicles must go through the lien process and be sold at auction.

May I have my personal belongings?  You may obtain items of emergency nature within 15 days of impound from your vehicle provided you have a picture ID and proof of ownership. Items in any way attached to the vehicle (tires, spare tire, speakers, subwoofer, stereo, amplifier, roof rack, hitches, etc) may not be removed until charges are paid.  You will need to sign an acknowledgement of financial responsibility letter before removing anything from your vehicle. If you arrive after normal business hours, a gate fee will be assessed.

The vehicle is in my name but I wasn't driving. if you are the legally registered owner, you are ultimately responsible for your vehicle.

I was driving but the vehicle is not registered in my name. If the registered owner can prove that they sold the vehicle to you, you will be held financially responsible.  If you come and obtain your personal items out of the vehicle, you will be held financially responsible.  The party the vehicle legally belongs to will be held financially responsible.

In the event your vehicle was in an accident. We still need the complete registered owner’s information and a verbal release. This includes name, address, phone number, picture ID.  When you are ready for the insurance to take your vehicle, we must receive a verbal “release” from you stating that we are allowed to give your vehicle to the insurance company or their representative.